TERMS OF THE AGREEMENT
As your host I aim to make your stay as comfortable as it can possibly be! My mission is to help guests create beautiful memories in this home. The Terms and House Rules stipulated below govern your usage of our properties/services and engaging in our services confirms you have read and agreed to be bound by these. Please read the Terms and House Rules carefully before using our services. If you do not agree to these terms, please do not engage in our services.
*** CHECKING IN/OUT ***
- Check-In: after 4:00pm ET
- Check-Out: 10:00am ET
- Host availability to remotely assist with check-in via OTA app or the Ring video doorbell: 4:00pm ET – 9:00pm ET.
- Early check-in/late check-out is on a case-by-case basis. A fee of $25/hour applies. We reserve the right to charge the Published Base Rate per night for guests who check out more than 2 hours late. This charge does not hold the property for an extra night.
*** OCCUPANCY ***
- The Guests shall have no more than two persons per bedroom reside or sleep on the premises. We are controlled by Historic District, City of Tampa, and State Florida Occupancy and Fire Laws as well as Fire Insurance.
- Guests shall not sublet the property.
*** GOOD NEIGHBOR ***
- Guests shall be good neighbors respecting the rights of the surrounding property owners. During their visit, Guest and any additional permitted guests shall refrain from loud noise and shall not disturb, annoy, endanger or inconvenience neighbors, nor shall Guest use the Property for any immoral, offensive or unlawful purposes, nor violate any law or ordinance, nor commit waste or nuisance on or about the Premises. Creating a disturbance may be grounds for immediate termination of this Agreement and Guest and additional guests shall then immediately vacate the premises.
- Quiet hours start at 10 PM to 7:30 AM on weekdays and 11 PM to 8:30 AM on weekends and National Holidays.
*** GENERAL RULES ***
- The following are prohibited on the property:
- smoking, vaping, e-cigarettes, or marijuana
- devices/items/liquids that cause or can result in open flames
- chemical/harsh substances, such as dye or bleach, glitter
- any illegal activities/substances
- tampering with the locks to gain access to restricted areas of property
- tampering with the surveillance equipment, e.g., covering, unplugging, removing batteries, or moving to a different location
- pets or emotional support animals
- legally owned and permitted firearms
- fireworks and other hazardous materials
- abuse of another person
- abuse of an animal
- harboring a fugitive
- any type of event including, but not limited to parties, wedding receptions, bridal dinners, business entertainment, non-profit or private receptions.
- any type of alterations – we are offering a 1920’s experience as shown in photos of every room. Guests shall not make any alteration in or about the Premises including but not limited to moving furniture, TV, art work, adding or changing locks, placing signs, displays or using screws, fastening devices or adhesive materials.
- Violation of the rules shall cause termination of this Agreement with immediate effect with no refund of rent or deposits.
- Laundry room is shared with by Cottage and Bungalow guests. Please do not use laundry facilities when housekeeping is performing a turnover in the other rental.
- Property owner may remove any guest who, while on the premises, illegally possesses or sells controlled substances; is intoxicated, profane, lewd, or brawling; disturbs the peace of other guests; injures the facility’s reputation, dignity, or standing; fails to pay the agreed upon rent; or fails to checkout at the agreed upon checkout time. The Property owner and give the guest notice of his desire for the guest to depart and return the unused portion of any advance payment. Guests who refuse to leave are guilty of a second-degree misdemeanor. Property may call any law enforcement officer to arrest illegal guests. Arrested guests are deemed to have given up or abandoned their right to occupy the property, thus the property owner may make it available to other guests.
*** ANIMALS | PETS ***
- Pets and Emotional Support Animals are prohibited on the property at all times.
- Note that misrepresenting oneself through conduct or verbal or written notice, as using a service animal or being qualified to use a service animal commits a misdemeanor of the second degree.
- Service animals must be under the control of its handler and must have a harness, leash, or other tether, unless either the handler is unable because of a disability to use a harness, leash, or other tether, or the use of a harness, leash, or other tether would interfere with the service animal’s safe, effective performance of work or tasks, in which case the service animal must be otherwise under the handler’s control by means of voice control, signals, or other effective means
- Service animals must be, housebroken, not be left alone at the home at any time. Service animals are not permitted on beds, couches, and other upholstery.
- Must clean up waste after service animal – otherwise a fee of $5/pile applies. Service animals cannot be bathed in the home’s shower/bathtub.
*** BOOKING | RESERVATION PROCESS ***
- Booking party’s profile picture must match their official ID.
- Guests must provide a government-issued ID at the time of their arrival at the very latest
- No guests under 25 years are permitted (please contact host for exceptions)
- Listing may be unsafe for children (please contact host for addl. info)
- Unauthorized guests or visitors are not permitted on the property at any time. Unnamed guests/visitors will incur an additional charge of $100/guest/24 hour period (regardless of whether they spend 1 minute or 24 hours on the property) and/or immediate cancellation at the host’s discretion.
- 100/night fully refundable damage/rule violation fee (up to $500) to be paid within 24 hours of booking or 12 hours before begin of reservation (whichever is earlier). The fee is fully refunded within 15 days of the reservation if all house rules are honored, there are no damages or missing items, and the property can be returned to the state it was at the beginning of the reservation within 5 hours of checkout.
- Reservations over 28 days require a signed rental agreement and background check.
- All Bookings/Cancellation shall be made via the website or Online Travel Platform as otherwise provided. We aim to connect guests looking for a temporary roof over their heads and the potential insights of a local, you agree you are not seeking permanent living quarters or a legal interest in property. An acceptance shall create a legally binding contract between the Parties.
- Accepted forms of payment shall be through check and select major credit cards as agreed upon. Credit Card Charge-back – Upon payment, the Guest acknowledges that “charge-backs” or “unauthorized transactions” initiated via their bank and/or creditor should be recognized as fraud. Any acts to defraud the Proprietor shall be subject to Investigations by the relevant authorities.
*** PROPERTY DAMAGE AND HOUSE RULES VIOLATIONS ***
- $100/night fully refundable damage/rule violation fee (up to $500) to be paid within 24 hours of booking or 12 hours before begin of reservation (whichever is earlier). The fee is fully refunded within 15 days of the reservation if all house rules are honored, there are no damages or missing items, and the property can be returned to the state it was at the beginning of the reservation within 5 hours of checkout.
- The Guests shall maintain the premises in a good, clean, and ready to rent condition, and use the premises only in a careful and lawful manner. The Guests shall leave the premises in a ready to rent condition at the expiration of the Rental Agreement, defined by the Proprietor as being immediately habitable by the next tenants.
- Guest(s) shall pay for maintenance, repairs, and replacement of damaged items should the premises be left in a lesser condition, or for any rule violations. If you or the Proprietor see wear and tear it will be noted in a message prior to arrival that you are not charged for damage.
- The Guests agree that the Proprietor shall deduct costs of said services from the security deposit prior to refund if guests cause damage to the premises or its furnishings.
- A minimum charge of $250 applies a) if cleaners need to deal with bodily fluids including, but not limited to, blood, semen, urine, feces, vomit, in any capacity, b) smoking/vaping, c) use of flammable items or harsh chemicals of any kind. Actual fees to cover repairs, replacements, or cleaning might be higher, depending on damage, and/or labor needed to repair, replace, or return property to its initial condition (bill by will be provided). Cleaning over 5 hours: $30/hour. $50/15 minutes of late check-out if not cleared with host. Smoking fine: $250. Guests shall purchase damage insurance through an insurer of their choice.
*** REFUNDS ***
- There shall be no refunds of rents due to shortened stays or ruined expectations because of weather conditions.
- There shall be no refunds of rent because of shortened stays or ruined expectations due to work and family emergencies or other commitments.
*** HOST AND GUEST RESPONSIBILITY ***
- Host is not responsible for power outages, WiFi interruptions, or other problems out of host’s control (e.g., weather, repair/routine maintenance by power company). No refunds or compensation shall be given for such outages.
- To prevent damage to heating and cooling elements, thermostat is set to minimum of 70 degrees (summer), and maximum of 72 degrees (winter). Fan setting shall be “Auto.”
- Free off-street parking is limited to one (1) automobile per property (No Trucks or RV’s). The parking lot is directly behind the bungalow and in front of the cottage. No Parking is permitted by the City of Tampa on E Henry Street. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees and is the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner. The Proprietor shall not be held liable for any damage to automobiles parked in the off-street lot.
- Windows and doors must be closed/locked when guests are not present on the property.
- Guest must report problems/complains to host immediately and provide time-stamped video/photo evidence if requested. Guest must give host opportunity to remedy the problem within a reasonable time frame. No refunds can be issued if these guidelines are not followed.
- The property has a fire extinguisher installed in the laundry room and under the kitchen sink. The fire extinguisher was fully charged at last inspection. It is the duty of the tenant to inform management immediately should the fire extinguisher become less than fully charged. Tenant agrees to use the fire extinguisher only for genuine emergencies.
- The property has fire alarms installed and they are believed to function properly at the time of rental. Guest will notify management without delay if a fire alarm “chirps” or has a low battery condition.
- Guest is advised that there is a carbon monoxide detector in the cottage and bungalow.
- Guest shall ensure their own security while in the property by locking doors, windows etc.
- Valuable items left behind by tenant shall be kept for the Guest and every reasonable effort will be made to contact the Guest for return. If items are not claimed for longer than 45 days, they shall become the property of the Proprietor. The Proprietor shall not be held liable for condition of said items.
- Streaming Service and DVD unit is provided. Paid Streaming services require guests to use their accounts. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content or personal preferences with regard to cable TV service.
- High speed wireless internet is provided as a convenience only and is not integral to the Agreement. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences with regard to internet service.
- If the property should go on the market for sale, it may be shown to qualified buyers during the Tenants’ stay. Every effort will be made to schedule the showing at a convenient time and not interrupt the Guest’s vacation. Guest shall allow reasonable viewings of the home between 11:00 AM and 5:00 PM present or not.
- Garbage and Recycling – The Guests shall dispose of all waste material generated during the rental period in a lawful manner. Monday and Thursday the garbage shall be picked up mid-afternoon and recyclables on Monday early morning. Garbage should be disposed of in the blue bin behind the Cottage. Recyclables in the green bin next to the off-street parking lot. Recycling material must be washed and placed in the container loose (no plastic bags).
*** UNAVAILABILITY | CANCELLATION ***
- Unavailability – If for any reason, except Hurricane’s, beyond the control of the Proprietor, the Premises is unavailable, the Proprietor may substitute a comparable unit or cancel this Agreement and refund in full to guests all payments made.
- Cancellations that are made more than sixty (60) days prior to the arrival date will incur no penalty. MONTHLY renters (29 nights +) must cancel one-hundred and twenty (120) days prior to check-in in order to incur no penalty. All credit card cancellations are subject to a 6% cancellation fee or $50, whichever is greater.
- Cancellations or changes that result in a shortened stay, that are made within 60 days the arrival date, forfeit the full advance payment and reservation deposit. Cancellation or early departure does not warrant any refund of rent or deposit. You may choose to purchase travel insurance separately.
- Hurricane or Tropical Storm Policy – No refunds will be given. Guests shall purchase travel protection insurance to cover any expenses incurred in the case of a hurricane or tropical storm. If you wish to purchase travel insurance, please visit our website for details and to purchase. Underwritten by Nationwide Mutual Insurance Co.
- Bike Storage – We provide an in-ground Euro Bike Rack on the parking lot. Guests may use it or keep their bikes on their car rack.
- Entry, Inspection, and Cleaning – The Proprietor has the right to inspect the premises without prior notice at any time to enforce the terms of this Agreement. Should the Guests violate any of the terms of this agreement, the rental period shall be terminated immediately. The Guest waives all rights to process if they fail to vacate the premises upon termination of the rental period. The Guests shall vacate the premises at the expiration time and date of this Agreement.
- Hold Harmless – The Guest and their Guests shall hereby indemnify and hold harmless the Proprietor against any and all claims of personal injury or property damage or loss arising from use of the premises regardless of the nature of the accident, injury or loss. Guest expressly recognize that any insurance for property damage or loss which the Proprietor may maintain on the property does not cover the personal property of Guests, and that Guests should purchase their own insurance for themselves and their guests if such coverage is desired.
- Guest agree to pay all reasonable costs, attorney’s fees and expenses that shall be made or incurred by Landlord enforcing this Agreement.
- Guest expressly acknowledge and agree that this Agreement is for transient occupancy of the Property, and that Guests do not intend to make the property a residence or household.
- These Terms and House Rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with STATE OF FLORIDA Law, and any/all disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the TAMPA / HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY Courts.
- The Company may at its sole discretion revise these Terms and House Rules from time to time. The revised Terms shall apply from the date of the publication of the revised Disclaimer on our website and shall supersede any previous versions.
If you have any questions/queries pertaining to the Terms above, please contact by mail at EREHWON RETREAT 5801 N SUWANEE AVE, TAMPA, FL 33604
Tampa International Airport 8.9 miles, St Petersburg – Clearwater International Airport 20.1 miles, Ocala, FL 94 miles, Orlando International Airport 87 miles, Miami International Airport 281 miles
TAMPA AIRPORT PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION
HART: Hillsborough Area Regional Transit 813-254-4278. Hart offers bus #30 from Tampa
International Airport to the Marion Transit Center. This departs from the East End of the Red Baggage Claim Curbside by Belt #15. This service runs between 0730 – 0030 and departs every 30 min. It will take the #30 44 min to reach the Marion Transit Center where you transfer to the #1 (Florida Ave) line. Ask the driver to let you off at Florida and E. Henry Street. From bus stop, it’s one block to Erehwon Retreat. Purchase 1 day Unlimited Ride $4 per person.
All prices listed below are exact fares tested on 4/6/16 and are subject to change.
TAXI Charge including 15% tip
Yellow Cab 813-253-0121
$26.00 (no traffic) $31.92 (mid day) to $48.00 (rush hour)
Alternative Car Service or Shuttle:
Uber $11-$15 X, $20-$26XL Select, $27-$35
Super Shuttle Tampa $22
Off site Car Rental
There is an Enterprise Car rental 4 blocks from Erehwon and HERTZ rental ¾ of a mile. Both will come pick you up, take you to their lot and sign the car out to you. Not renting and dropping off at the airport lowers your cost by approximately $10-18 a day depending on the size of vehicle.
Alternatives for seeing more of Central Florida
Greyhound Bus (610 Polk Street near the corner of Pierce Street, 2 block walk from Marion Transit Center) (800-231-2222) Orlando, Sarasota, Lakeland, Naples, Miami
Red Coach (877-733-0724)
Gainesville, Jacksonville, Ft. Pierce, Disneyworld, Tallahassee, West Palm Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami
AMTRAK (800) 872-7245
Union Station 601 Nebraska Ave. Tampa. Our terminal was built 1911 and restored in 1998. In 1922 the year our properties were being built this station had 34 long distance arrivals each day.
Tampa Cruise Ship Terminal
815 Channel side, Tampa